Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) on NATURE ONE DAIRY® Infant Formula
1. What is the main difference between a starter (Step1) and follow-on (Step2) formula?
Step 1 has been formulated with the level of nutrients for a baby from birth to 6 months of age. Step 2 has been formulated for babies from 6 to 12 months of age.
The major difference between our Infant Formula and Follow-On Formula is the ratio of whey and casein proteins. NATURE ONE DAIRY® Infant Formula is whey dominant with around 60% whey protein and 40% casein protein. Human Breast milk also has around 60% whey and 40% casein. It is important that a baby who is formula fed from 0-6 months starts with a whey dominant formula like our Infant Formula.
NATURE ONE DAIRY® Follow-on Formula is whey-casein balanced with 50% casein protein and 50% whey protein. The change of ratio is because casein is slower to digest than whey, it may keep baby feeling full a little longer. Solid foods should be gradually given to infants from 6 months onwards.
2. For my 4 weeks baby just wondering how much I give for per feed?
The Feeding Guide on the label may be followed, however, always consult your pediatrician, should you require feeding advice.
3. Does the formula have to be refrigerated after making?
If not consumed immediately, it can be stored in a refrigerator. Use within 24 hours or discard.
4. Is your formula Halal certified?
Yes, our formulas are manufactured in Australia and are certified by the Islamic Coordinating Council of Victoria (ICCV). ICCV is the major Islamic organization responsible for the certification, monitoring, and supervision of Halal food exports from Australia.
5. Can I use Newborn Formula Step 1 for my 6 months old baby boy until he gets 9months?
Each Stage has been formulated for the specific age group, however, for the best advice, consult with your pediatrician.
6. My baby is 5-months plus, I want to change his milk to NATURE ONE DAIRY® Infant Formula, so which formula should I choose?
Step 1 has been developed for newborn to 6 months of age. Step 2 is from 6 months to 12 months. Always consult your pediatrician, should you require feeding advice.
7. Is it important when changing from one type of formula to another that it is done with a gradual transition or can I change from one feed of one product to the next product?
A gradual transition is recommended when switching from one formula to another. The transition should occur slowly to allow your baby’s digestive system to adjust and get used to the new formula. Always consult your pediatrician, should you require feeding advice.
8. Can your formulas be pre-made in advance and stored in the fridge?
The pre-made formulas can be stored in a refrigerator, for up to 24 hours. Discard any remaining formula, if not consumed within time.
9. How many feeds a day can I give my toddler of NATURE ONE DAIRY® Toddler Nutritious Milk Drink?
The Feeding amounts on the label are only a guide. Always consult your pediatrician, should you require feeding advice.
10. Are your products suitable for babies or toddlers with allergies?
Known allergens in the product, are listed on the label – Milk products, Soy, and Fish. If your baby is sensitive to any of these, then this product should not be consumed. Always consult your pediatrician, should you require feeding advice.
11. Are your products GlutenFree?
The products are made in a facility, which does not carry or process any cereal products. There is no Gluten carrying ingredients used in the manufacture of the product.
12. Do I need to consult a pediatrician before using this formula?
You should always consult your pediatrician, before using this, or any other formula.
13. Where does your milk come from?
We source our milk 100% from Australia. The milk which NaTURE ONE DAIRY® Infant Formula range is based comes from dairy farms in Gippsland Region of Australia, the largest co-operative dairy in the southern hemisphere and the major dairy region in Australia. The grass-fed cows are free to graze on the pristine pastures of Gippsland producing consistent high-quality milk. All the milk powder meet the Milk Supply Standards set by the Australian Government mandatory regulations.